Saturday, January 10, 2009

the gluttonus gardener

That's me today. I just ordered a million seeds and it's all I can do not to run to the nursery to watch them unpack all of the bareroot trees. I only have room for an avocado and 2 kiwis REALLY. But, oh my goodness, do I ever have the wantsies. I'm thinking that I can plant two dwarf somethings on either side of the front walk. Hmmm, what do I need???? I have the following:
lime
meyer lemon
kumquat
grav apple
golden delish apple
asian pear
bartlet
stella cherry
bing cherry
turkey fig
nectarine
santa rosa plum and blenhiem apricot grafted tree
1 tiny dwarf peach

I ordered a mexicola avocado from Growquest in Ventura in August. After many phone calls and emails and promises, it has still not arrived. I have requested a refund and a week ago they have about another week before I take them to small claims court. I am so irritated. I have never taken anyone to court before and would rather not do it now. But I sent them almost $150 for a tree for Jonathan's birthday and they have strung me along for months. I found another supplier in the South Bay and am hoping to get a tree from them soon. I want to resolve the money with Growquest first.

So, once that's resolved, I'll add an avocado, oh and I have that banana tree waiting for me in Forestville too. I'll buy a male and a female kiwi but I still want more. I'd love some suggestions for small food bearing trees.....Must find more room. Will find more room.....

No comments: